School Interventions for Pertussis
· Cough monitoring
o Symptomatic students shall be excluded from school until:
1. Student stops coughing
2. Student has been evaluated by a doctor and cough has been determined not to be caused by pertussis
3. Student has received at least 5 days of antibiotics (either azithromycin or erythromycin)
4. If student has pertussis diagnosis and refuses antibiotics, they shall be excluded from school for 21 days
· Students with Tdap waivers DO NOT need to be excluded since we know that even vaccinated students can be susceptible to pertussis
· Recommend that any student or teacher who are not up to date with Tdap booster should be vaccinated
· Antibiotic prophylaxis reserved for those with contact to an infant <12 months or pregnant women
IMPORTANT WHOOPING COUGH INFORMATION
Local Control Funding Formula
California’s 2013-14 Budget Act included landmark legislation that greatly simplifies the state’s school finance system. The changes introduced by the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) represent a major shift in how California funds Local Educational Agencies (LEAs).
RBUESD GOVERNING BOARD MEETING
The April 8, 2014 board meeting has been moved to April 15, 2014.
ALL 6th graders will need to get their Tdap for the 14-15 school year.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT?
Check out our Human Resources Dept. under the District tab!
Follow us on Twitter!